Things to Do
- Take a Boat Tour: One of the best ways to experience Lake Geneva is by boat. There are several companies that offer scenic tours of the lake, ranging from leisurely sightseeing cruises to high-speed thrill rides.
- Explore the Outdoors: Lake Geneva is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery, and there are plenty of opportunities to explore the great outdoors. Take a hike through the Kettle Moraine State Forest, go fishing on the lake, or hit the links at one of the many golf courses in the area.
- Visit the Museums: Lake Geneva has a rich history, and there are several museums in the area that offer a glimpse into the past. Check out the Geneva Lake Museum to learn about the town’s early settlers or visit the Black Point Estate and Gardens to see a restored 19th-century mansion.
- Shop and Dine: Lake Geneva has a variety of unique shops and restaurants, offering everything from boutique clothing and home decor to gourmet cuisine and craft beer.
Lake Geneva is located approximately 80 miles from Chicago and is easily accessible by car or public transportation. If you’re driving, take I-94 west to the US-12 exit, then follow US-12 west to Lake Geneva. If you’re coming from Chicago, there are several train and bus options available. The Metra train from Chicago’s Union Station to Harvard, IL connects to a shuttle bus to Lake Geneva. Additionally, the Greyhound bus also stops in Lake Geneva.
Lake Geneva has a four-season climate, with warm summers and cold winters. Summer temperatures typically range from the mid-70s to mid-80s, while winter temperatures can dip into the single digits. Spring and fall are mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the 50s to 70s. It’s always a good idea to check the forecast before you go, as weather conditions can vary widely throughout the year.
- Downtown Lake Geneva: The heart of the town is downtown Lake Geneva, a charming area filled with shops, restaurants, and historic buildings. It’s a great place to take a stroll and soak up the local atmosphere.
- Geneva Lake Shore Path: The Shore Path is a 21-mile walking trail that winds along the edge of Lake Geneva. It offers stunning views of the lake and the surrounding countryside, and is a popular spot for hiking, biking, and picnicking.
- Fontana-On-Geneva Lake: A small village on the west side of the lake, Fontana-On-Geneva Lake is known for its beautiful homes and peaceful beaches. It’s a great spot for a quiet getaway, with plenty of opportunities for swimming, boating, and fishing.
- Williams Bay: Located on the north shore of the lake, Williams Bay is a charming village with a relaxed, small-town feel. It’s a great place to escape the crowds, enjoy some peace and quiet, with plenty of hiking trails, parks, and beaches to explore.
Lake Geneva Property Management
We also offer a full-service property management package for those looking to rent out their vacation homes in the Lake Geneva, WI area. Contact us to learn more.