Shawano Lake Vacation Rental Guide
Nestled in the northeastern Wisconsin, beautiful Shawano Lake may one of the state’s best vacation spots for active singles and families alike.
From lake life to nightlife, Shawano Lake has it all. A perfect family spot, visitors can choose from an array of activities, from fishing and hunting, to antiquing and museum hopping.
Enjoy all that a vacation on the lake has to offer – water sports, swimming, or just playing in the sand. The clean, shallow lake is a safe place for children to swim and a fun place to park a boat for a bite to eat.
Things to Do
Whether with family or friends, children or adults, Shawano Lake has it all.
Gather in one of the on-site indoor and outdoor pavilions at the Shawano Lake County Park. Visitors can enjoy the use of restrooms and showers after a long day relaxing on the swimming beach or playing basketball, volleyball, or tennis. Families can also enjoy a simple picnic while watching their kids on the playground!
Shawano Lake boat launch ramps make cruising around the lake a pleasure. Pull up at the Sand-BAR and enjoy a relaxing meal, knowing your boat is docked just feet away!
With 24-hour access to the Shawano Lake Visitor’s Center, you’ll never run out of ideas during your trip, and you’ll find there’s nothing Shawano Lake doesn’t offer.
Located a quick 2 miles off exit 225 on WI-22, Shawano Lake is also accessible by seaplane. Enjoy landing at the historic Shawano Municipal Airport, whose warm and friendly staff are happy to offer ground transportation, internet access, and line services. Amenities for pilots as well as flight planning are also available. With the launching pad, lighthouse, and restaurants within half a mile, you can’t beat this convenient travel perk.
If a seaplane is not on your agenda, Shawano Lake is a picturesque two-and-a-half-hour drive from General Mitchell International Airport. What better way to start and finish a relaxing vacation than with a scenic drive through Wisconsin!
Shawano Lake is a prime vacation getaway, no matter the time of year.
If warmth and sun are what you crave, visit Shawano Lake from late May to early September, when it’s warmest. You can dip your toes in the water and enjoy 80-degree temps while experiencing all that lake life has to offer.
If you’re looking for some cooler adventures, ski bunnies can enjoy the cold, crisp air and lots of fresh snow from November to March. But make sure you bundle up! Temperatures can dip below freezing and the winds may nip at your nose! Don’t let that stop you from experiencing a fantastic winter getaway. Also great for hiking and biking, Maple Hills Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing Trails can be enjoyed all year long!
A visit to Shawano Lake wouldn’t be complete without a stop at some of the most popular areas.
- The nearby Wolf River offers fly-fishing and some of the best Midwest whitewater rafting and paddling in the area. Visit Great Wolf Tubing Company, LLC for a host of water sports you can enjoy.
- For a taste of history, try Twig’s Beverage Museum and Gift Shop, where you can step back in time for a peek at Old Downtown Shawano, enjoy a quick movie on its history, and view the bottling line and machinery. If you get thirsty, have a seat at the sample bar, where you can try all the flavors Twigs has to offer.
- Hungry for more? Try Anello’s Torch Lite – not only is it a fantastic, family-friendly restaurant, but you can enjoy a delicious cocktail at their full-service bar. Even better? Before or after dinner, enjoy their petting zoo! Zebras, donkeys, horses, even kangaroos are on the premises. The skunk is cute, too, but you may not want to get too close. Happy hour is seven days a week from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Winter visitors can enjoy the Shawano Indoor Flea Market, located in the Shawano Community Hall. From January through April, peruse a variety of antiques, collectibles, and old toys. Parking and admission are free! From April through October, the Shawano County Fairgrounds hosts a jam-packed season of outdoor flea market fun!
- To satisfy your need for speed, take a visit to USAIR Motorsports Raceway. This 40-acre property offers private go-kart rentals, can host club events including drifting, autocross, UTV, supermoto, legend cars, and kart racing. Their 1.1-mile road offers a national level of competition and is certainly fun for all!
- There’s always something going on in Shawano – from quilting to boat shows – so you’ll find something for everyone to enjoy. Visit the Shawano Chamber of Commerce for up-to-date information on all Shawano has to offer year-round.
Looking to rent out your vacation home in Shawano Lake? Contact us for a free consultation. We offer fully-managed property management services.