West In Townsend Lodge
Welcome to West In Townsend Lodge! This home is located on 100 feet of private waterfront with access to the Townsend Flowage, a 400+ acre full recreational lake. The 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home is the perfect place to enjoy all that the Wisconsin seasons are known for. Whether guests decide to enjoy the cozy living room with gas fireplace, the expansive deck overlooking the water, or venture onto the water or nearby ATV/snowmobile trails, there is something for everyone. The fully stocked kitchen, propane grill and outdoor bonfire pit enable guests to enjoy all of the comforts of home. The dock (installed seasonally) enables guests to take full advantage of the water to swim, boat or just relax. The Townsend and Lakewood areas have extensive options for outdoor fun no matter what season you visit!
We love our family pet dogs and welcome yours too! Your well-behaved dogs are allowed with prior approval. This property allows up to 2 dogs. There is a fee of $45 per dog/per night, which is collected separately and approximately one week prior to your check-in date.
*This home is located in a community with neighbors and is geared towards quiet family vacations. Due to the proximity of neighbors, we cannot accommodate reunions, bachelor or bachelorette parties or other rowdy gatherings.*
About the Space:
6 maximum guests total
3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms
Pet dog friendly - 2 maximum dogs per stay (additional fee of $45/night per dog)
100 feet of private Townsend Flowage canal waterfront including dock (installed seasonally)
Central air and heat
Wi-Fi (due to the rural nature of the property's location, Wi-Fi and cell phone coverage and service can vary)
Two Blu-ray/DVD players and video library
3 TVs with antenna hookup (no Smart TVs and no cable provided)
Dining table with seating for 6
Bar with seating for 2
Washer and dryer
Pack 'n play (no linens provided)
Books and games provided for guest's enjoyment
Nintendo Wii and games for guest's enjoyment
Bedroom 1 (main level): includes King size bed, TV, room darkening shades, hangers, extra pillows and blankets
Bedroom 2 (main level): includes Queen size bed, TV, room darkening shades, hangers, extra pillows and blankets
Bedroom 3 (lower level): includes Queen size bed, room darkening shades, hangers, extra pillows and blankets
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator with ice maker, freezer, stove, microwave, toaster and blender
Traditional drip coffee maker and Keurig are provided
Also available are pots, pans, tea kettle, grill utensils, baking sheets, dishes, utensils, glassware, kitchen towels
*No dishwasher provided
Bathroom 1 (main level): includes a shower/tub combination
Bathroom 2 (basement): includes a walk-in shower
*No hair dryer provided
Fire pit with 4 chairs (guest must provide own firewood)
Patio table with 6 chairs
Propane grill (extra propane provided)
Games: bean bag toss, crochet, softball gloves, basketball
100 feet of private Townsend Flowage canal waterfront
Dock installed seasonally
Public boat launch is 4 houses away from home
Boat and watercraft docking at dock is allowed
Water is approximately 10 feet deep at end of dock and is weedy
Shore is stone
Nearby flowage includes 3 large sandbars for swimming
Paddleboat (no life vests provided)
*No wake allowed on canal
· This area is a very popular snowmobile destination in Wisconsin. Chute Pond alone grooms 107 miles of trails. Snowmobile clubs are a great way to get connected with the trails and guests can visit their websites to check trail conditions, riding information etc. The three local clubs are Chute Pond Snowmobile Club/Red Arrow (based in Townsend), Paul Bunyan (based in Lakewood), LMT (based in Wabeno, Forest County). There are two clubs to the west are Langlade and Lily Sno-birds.
· Hiking: Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest and check out "Step Outside .Org" for additional hiking spots
· Skiing: The Paul Bunyan Ski Hill is in Lakewood
· Restaurants: Little Tipsy (great pizza), Hillcrest (supper club), Sunset (nice bar restaurant with bar food), Waube Lodge in Lakewood (overlooks Waube Lake).
· Winery: Woodland Trail Winery
· In summer, there are extensive ATV/UTV trails. There aren't many places you are allowed to ride them off-road in WI and this is one of them! The trail is right across the street from the house so guests can go right from the driveway and onto the trail and not have to trailer your machines.
· There are also many lakes and public boat launches close-by for fishing, waterskiing, jet skiing, and swimming. You are within minutes of Chain Lake and Townsend Flowage.
· Public Beaches nearby: Wheeler Lake Beach and Bass Lake Beach
· The property is in Townsend, but Lakewood is nearby. You can look up their tourism website online at "Lakewood Wisconsin .Org"
Bed linens, pillows, blankets, and bathroom towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
We do supply a starter set of paper products including 2 rolls of paper towels, 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, hand soap, dish soap, and 2-3 garbage bags. Due to septic systems, we do not provide facial tissue.
We also supply one each of travel size shampoo, conditioner and bodywash per full bathroom.
Due to health and safety guidelines all pantry items must be removed between guests. Please bring cooking essentials you might need such as cooking oil/spray, salt, pepper and other spices, sugar, etc.
- Bed Linens
- Breakfast: Not Available
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Cooking Basics
- Cleaning: Included
- Winery Tours
- Dishes & Silverware
- Extra Pillows & Blankets
- Free Parking
- Living Room
- Hot Water
- Private Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Tourist Attractions
- Free Wireless Internet
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- DVD Player
- Patio or Balcony
- Paddle Boating
- Water View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Wind Surfing
- Dining table
- Dog Friendly
Thank you for submitting your review. It will be processed shortly!
We are sorry, there are no reviews for this unit. Be the first to leave a review!