Welcome to Koselig Cottage! Our charming 2-bedroom, 1-bath cottage in Ellison Bay is the perfect cozy retreat for up to 6 guests. Originally perched at the tip of the Door County peninsula, this meticulously designed cottage was moved and completely remodeled, showcasing its hand-built, log cabin charm. Nestled on five luscious acres, it offers a serene escape while being conveniently close to all of the "action." Step inside and be greeted by exposed beams and a wood-clad ceiling, creating an inviting atmosphere that embraces you. The cottage is bathed in sunlight during the day, providing a warm and cheerful ambiance. As the evening sets in, indulge in fireside conversations outside for some mesmerizing stargazing.
Situated in the heart of the Door, our cottage is perfectly located between Sister Bay and Ellison Bay. You'll be only half a mile away from the bay and Ellison Bay Beach, where you can soak up the sun and enjoy the refreshing waters. Additionally, Lake Michigan is just a short two-mile drive away, offering more opportunities for lakeside adventures.
Whether you're seeking a peaceful getaway or an active vacation, our charming cottage is the ideal base for your Door County experience. Book your stay today and create unforgettable memories in this rustic yet modern retreat.
* This home is located in a quiet community with neighbors and is geared towards quiet family vacations. Due to the proximity of neighbors, we cannot accommodate bachelor or bachelorette parties or other rowdy gatherings.
Door County Tourism Zone Permit #32-56-2908-07
About the Space:
Sleeps up to 6 maximum guests total
2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom
No pets allowed
Internet/Wi-Fi (due to the rural nature of the property, Wi-Fi and cell phone coverage and service can vary)
Samsung Frame TV in living room with streaming services to include Netflix and Disney Plus. Guests may log in using their own accounts.
No cable service
Dining area with seating for six
Kitchen island seats two
Central air and heat
Washer and dryer
Pack 'n play (no linens provided)
Baby safety gates
Record player, records, books and games provided for guest's enjoyment
Four extra folding chairs in basement
Bedroom 1: King size bed, hangers, extra blankets and pillows
Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, 2 Twin size beds (bunked), room darkening shades, hangers, extra blankets and pillows
Optional sleeping space: Couch is oversized and fits a twin sheet set
The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator with ice maker, freezer, stove, oven, microwave, toaster and dishwasher
A traditional drip coffee maker and coffee bean grinder are provided
Also available are pots, pans, tea kettle, grill utensils, baking sheets, dishes, utensils, glassware and kitchen towels
Bathroom 1: Full bathroom includes shower/bathtub combination and hair dryer
Two decks with outdoor seating to include a couch, two chairs and coffee table and back
Fire pit with 4 Adirondack chairs, guests to provide their own local firewood
Charcoal grill (guests must provide own charcoal)
5 bikes: (1) toddler, (2) adult mountain bikes, (1) adult road bike), (1) youth mountain bike (no helmets provided)
Games: Kan Jam
Inflatable paddle board (no life jacket provided)
No garage access
• Bed linens, pillows, blankets, and bathroom towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
• We do provide a starter pack of essentials which includes the following: 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 rolls of paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher soap, hand soap and 2-3 garbage bags.
• We also supply one each of travel size shampoo, conditioner and bodywash per full bathroom.
• Due to health and safety guidelines made by the health department, all pantry items must be removed between guests. Please bring cooking essentials you might need such as cooking oil/spray, salt, pepper and other spices, sugar, etc.
Koselig Cottage is located in the heart of the Door peninsula between Sister Bay and Ellison Bay – only a half mile from Green Bay and Ellison Bay Beach and 2 miles from Lake Michigan.
Here are our recommendations of things to do in the vicinity:
• Door County State Parks: Embark on scenic hikes, bike rides, or nature walks in the nearby Peninsula State Park or Newport State Park. Enjoy breathtaking views, wildlife spotting, and peaceful picnics amidst nature's beauty.
• Door County Wineries: Experience the renowned wineries of Door County. Take a tour, sample exquisite wines, and savor the flavors of the region. Visit local vineyards such as Stone's Throw Winery or Harbor Ridge Winery for a delightful wine-tasting experience.
• Water Sports and Fishing: Make the most of Door County's aquatic wonders. Rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the crystal-clear waters of the bay or Lake Michigan. Fishing enthusiasts can cast their lines and try their luck at catching local freshwater species.
• Boutique Shopping and Art Galleries: Discover unique treasures and local artwork in the charming boutiques and art galleries of Sister Bay and Ellison Bay. Browse through one-of-a-kind crafts, handmade jewelry, and captivating artworks.
• Door County Dining: Indulge in the culinary delights of Door County. From fresh seafood to farm-to-table cuisine, you'll find a variety of restaurants and eateries to satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy waterfront dining experiences and savor the flavors of the region.
We also recommend that you check out Destination Door County, and the visitor's bureau online, to help map out your vacation. "Door County Vacationers" is also a great FB group to join to get recommendations on everything from favorite restaurants to favorite tours, places to rent boats, and things to do.
- Bed Linens
- Breakfast: Not Available
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Cooking Basics
- Cleaning: Included
- Winery Tours
- Dishes & Silverware
- Extra Pillows & Blankets
- Free Parking
- Living Room
- Hot Water
- Private Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Tourist Attractions
- Free Wireless Internet
- Body Soap
- Cleaning Products
- Shower gel
- Air Conditioning
- Coffee Maker
- Music Library
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Garden or Backyard
- Hair Dryer
- Pack & Play Travel Crib
- Private Entrance
- Single Level Home
- Stair Gates
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Deck Patio Uncovered
- Water Sports Gear
- Cross Country Skiing
- DeepSea Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Wind Surfing
- Smart TV
- Kitchen Island
- Dining table
- Hot water
- Baking sheet
- Barbecue utensils
- Hot water kettle
- Wine glasses
Thank you for submitting your review. It will be processed shortly!
Very nice place. Close to everything we wanted to do in door county. Loved the records!
Thanks, TJ!! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We loved this charming cottage! It’s absolutely gorgeous. Amenities were described accurately and even had more than listed. Bedrooms were small but the rest of the cottage had a TON of space with several seating areas, both inside and out. It was perfect for a single family. I highly recommend!
We are so happy to hear this! Thanks, Heather. It was our pleasure hosting you!
This was a great spot for a long weekend with my husband and two young kids. The kids loved the bunk bed and having the option for a “sleepover” with their parents in the same room. The location was also great - easy to get into the nearby towns as needed but quiet when we wanted downtime. Also loved the decor! You could tell a lot of time and energy went into the updates. We would highly recommend staying here!
Thank you, Sierra! Your kind feedback means so much to our owners and team. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and we hope to host you again sometime!
Thanks, Lisa! We hope to have a chance to host you again!
Thank you, Christina! It was our pleasure to work with and host you! We would be so happy to have you return. Thank you for your kind feedback to our team and owners!
Hi Lynn, We are so excited to hear this! Thank you for all your kind feedback and taking the time to share your experience with us. This means so much to our owners and team! We sure hope to host you again!